Travel Safety:
  • Consulates & Embassies
Travel Safety
If you plan to be away from the city in which you are contracted for an extended period of time, EVEN IF YOU STAY IN JAPAN, please complete a Travel Information Request form well in advance and submit it to your tantosha.  This may seem like a hassle but it is in everyone’s best interest! If an emergency occurs where you are contracted, OR in the location where you are traveling to, and there is no record of where you are or how to contact you it will be very difficult for anyone to help you.
Register with your consulate or embassy
Non-Japanese citizens have a right to make one phone call if arrested.  However, that one call may only be made to your consulate/embassy – nowhere else.  Therefore, please register with your respective embassy.

・If you have been to a good English-speaking doctor, please email the PAs about it.

・Good luck with the new semester of classes! 

Important upcoming dates:

・Starting in October - New ES/JHS ALT School Visits  
Upcoming Events:

・September 5 - Taco Night, 7PM at Tortacos, Kumamoto City
・September 26 & 27 - Ashikita Beach Party, Otachimisaki Park, Ashikita, check-in starts at 4PM
Area Guide


Copyright held in the year posted by individual contributors.  All rights are reserved by holders. Unless otherwise noted in postings, all content is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.  Any events advertised here are listed as a courtesy only. As such, information here is subject to change. This is a public forum and KumamotoJET accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracies, advertising, or comments made in posts past, present or future. In addition, KumamotoJET will not be held liable for any problems or expenses that are the results of any information contained within this website. Furthermore, KumamotoJET will take no responsibility for any accidents, injuries, or medical conditions acquired in attendance of events advertised here. If there is an error, offensive comment or if you require further information, please contact the site administrator.