Name of Teacher: Katie Elliott
Class/Grade/Language Level: Elementary, All ages, All levels
Textbook and specific lesson: N/A
Goal: Body Parts, (Shapes, Colors, Numbers)
Preparation: 5 Minutes; Flashcards, Paper, Colored pencils
Class time: 45-50 Min
- Introduce English words for Body parts with flashcards (10 Min)
- Review words (5 Min)
- Play “My Monster” game (15-25 Min)
- Give each student their own paper.
- Using the sentence frame “My monster has…,” describe the monster. (i.e. My monster has 5 heads.) The level of difficulty can be adjusted. For example, an easier version would just be the body part and a number. Meanwhile, a more difficult version could be body part, number, and color.
- Give some time for children to add more details to their monsters.
- Kids introduce their monster to the class (10-15 Min)
- The level of difficulty can be adjusted here:
- - Easy level: Kids introduce themselves and then say, “This is my monster.”
- - Medium level: Kids introduce themselves and then say, “This is my monster. His/Her name is…”
- - Difficult level: Kids introduce themselves, their monster with its name, and then describe their monster (i.e. my monster has 5 heads).