Difference between revisions of "Seasons and Weather"
(Created page with "'''Name of Teacher: Kaye Levene and JTEs at Yatsushiro Higashi and Izumi Bunko SHS''' '''Class/Year/Language Level: 2nd year and 3rd Low Academic Schools''' '''Textbook and...")
Revision as of 07:48, 5 February 2018
Name of Teacher: Kaye Levene and JTEs at Yatsushiro Higashi and Izumi Bunko SHS
Class/Year/Language Level: 2nd year and 3rd Low Academic Schools
Textbook and specific lesson: No textbook
Goal: Students review/learn seasons and learn vocabulary to describe the weather and degrees.
Preparation: Creating a worksheet that can be modified to different English levels at various schools. The end game activity is karuta which includes all the images used in the worksheet (Activity #1 and Activity #3). This will take some time to prepare but once you have done so you can reuse your karuta cards for this lesson and as a review game as well.
Please note that the worksheet provided is the “Teacher’s copy” and has the answers for Activity #5 and #6, so remember to remove the answers before printing for students.
'Class time: 1 x 50 minute lesson
Greetings and warm ups (5 minutes)
Introduction of Topic: Writing/Speaking (10 minutes) 1. Individual Activity – Students complete Activity #1 by matching the pictures with the words. Check answers as a class and have students repeat after ALT.
2. Individual Activity – Students choose their favourite season and why (Activity #2).
3. Pair Activity – Students ask each other the question, “What is your favourite season and why?”
4. Individual Activity – Students complete Activity #3 by matching the pictures with the words. Check answers as a class.
Conversation (Speaking , Listening and Reading) (20 mins – 40 mins)
1. Class Activity - JTE and ALT help students translate phrases in Activity #4 .
2. Individual Activity –Students listen to JTE and ALT say the dalogue and fill in the blanks.
3. Pair Activity – Students make pairs and role play the dialogue.
4. Individual Activity – Students listen to ALT speak about the weather for Yatsushiro City. Students write down the weather and the degrees.
End Activity (40 mins – 50 mins)
1. Pair Activity – Students play karuta in pairs, ALT to read the different seasons and weather.