Hello and welcome to the new version of the Kumamoto JET website! With this updated version of our website, we hope to improve our ability to be a useful resource of information for the Kumamoto JET community.
Please note that this website is about 75% complete, so there may be some broken links or formatting errors here and there. We are doing our best to make get the website completely ready as soon as possible! However, most of the essential information from the former website should also be accessible on this new website.
Here’s a list of some of the changes you can expect with the new site:
- First and foremost, you’ve wanted it for a long time and (hopefully) it is here: a site where you no longer need to horizontally scroll to see everything. Testing has shown that the site should adjust to fit any browser, computer, zoom that you use. But please let us know if that is not the case!
- There is now a much easier to navigate mobile version of this site. The website is optimized for desktop viewing, but you just also be able to access and get around KumamotoJET on your phones a lot easier than before.
- More articles and updates about life in Kumamoto, things relevant to the JET community, etc. As this website is now built on a blogging platform, we would like to take advantage of that by having more frequent posts about topics that may be of interest to the community. Some examples are posts about a big festival in the prefecture or a volunteer event that JETs may be interested in. These posts will be accessible from the front page, but important posts (such as big JET events or deadlines) will always have top billing when you access the website.
- There is a search function for the new website, which can be accessed by clicking on the magnifying glass in the top right corner.
- Pages with information in the former website that ran long have been cut into smaller sections on their own individual page (for example, the long one page driving section in the former site has been divided into several pages of smaller size on the new site).
The former version of the Kumamoto JET website will remain online, although the information on it will no longer be updated. In a few weeks, when you type in kumamotojet.com into your browser, you will be redirected to the new website. However, any bookmarks you made with the former website will still be valid.
As you are browsing the new website, if you find anything wrong or broken, please let us know and we will fix it as soon as possible. We are also happy to take any other ideas, suggestions, questions, concerns, really anything you have regarding the new website. We would love to make it something that the whole community will get something out of.
Thanks so much and happy browsing!