The Spring 2018 YOKA is available now! This quarter’s YOKA features the following…
- Hidden Histories by Zachary Johnson
- The Universal Bond of Soccer by Paige Hughes
- Digging Bamboo Shoots in Kumamoto by Olivia Saputra
- Fun with Sumo by Greg Corbett
- Solo Exhibition at Josuikan, Reihoku, Amakusa by Chalice Mitchell
- Urban Japanese 101 by Joyce Tan
- It’s an Egg-Shaped World: International Attempts at Amateur Rugby (for Girls) by Jenifer Vosper
- St. Patrick’s Day in Kumamoto: Caint, Craic agus Ceol by Charles Marchant
- Photos by Greg Corbett, Lara Czepera, Justin Lau, Charles Marchant, Laura McGhee, Chase Sutherland, and Joyce Tan
This YOKA was designed by Greg Corbett. An HQ version (45MB) of this issue is also available.
Not sure what the YOKA is? The YOKA is a quarterly English-language newsletter written and designed by Kumamoto JETs. For more information and past YOKAs, visit this page.
We happily accept submissions for future YOKAs! If you are interested in contributing an article, photo, or creative piece for a future issue, then please e-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.