The Winter 2020 YOKA is available now! This quarter’s YOKA features the following…
- Yakushima by Melissa Wright
- Eco Park Minamata by Ryn Kaestner
- 橋上手 by Khair Ali
- Monitor Tour to Yamato Town by Ruth Madden
- What I Wish I’d Known Earlier about Kato Kiyomasa by Adam Pool
- Kikuchi-kun by Steven Swanson
- A Couple Notes from Junior High School Teachers and Japanese Bamboo Pancake by Kelley Gathright
- Socks Magic by Catherine Burke
- Extra Time in Kuma Gun by Raleigh Hooks
- Sakura Viewing Guide by Chase Sutherland
- Photos by Tiffany Chin, Josie Dennis, Quinlan Fletcher, Kira-Ann Hayashi, Alicia Lim, Eva Marie Olson, Chase Sutherland, Jenifer Vosper
This YOKA was designed by Kira-Ann Hayashi. An HQ version (213 MB) of this issue is also available.
Not sure what the YOKA is? The YOKA is a quarterly English-language newsletter written and designed by Kumamoto JETs. For more information and past YOKAs, visit this page.
We happily accept submissions for future YOKAs! If you are interested in contributing an article, photo, or creative piece for a future issue, then please e-mail your submission to email@example.com.