Describing Personalities (2nd-3rd year, all levels)
Names of Teachers: Dokken Nakamone and JTEs
Class/Grade/Language Level: SHS All years but best for 2nensei or 3nensei
Textbook and specific lesson: None
Goal: Describing people’s personalities
Preparation: Minimal ( < 30 minutes) Handout: Describing Personalities
Class time: 50 minutes
This lesson works best for 2nensei or 3nensei as it requires the class to know each other well.
- Go over the main expressions about describing personality.
- Review examples. ALT and JTE should describe their personality to the class.
- After reviewing the vocabulary list, ask if there are other personalities not listed they would like to know.
- Explain students will write about their own personality and also one classmate’s personality.
- For lower level classes, they can use the template word for word and replace the personality words to fit them.
15mins Main Lesson
- Help students describe their personality and one of their friend’s personalities.
- Have a student volunteer to present their personality first.
- The next person to present will talk about the first person’s personality and then their own.
- I found the class finds it quite interesting to see how different their classmates see them and how they see themselves.
Back to Senior High School