Learning Body Parts
Name of Teacher: Jenna Pollack
Class/Grade/Language Level: 1st and 2nd Grade Elementary
Textbook and specific lesson: N/A
Goal: To learn the body parts
Preparation: bingo sheets (body parts), cards with body part names (optional)
Class time: 45 minutes
- Ask students, "How are you?"
- Head, shoulder, knees, and toes
- Introduce the vocabulary from the song. Then have students stand up and make movements with each body part. Repeat each word 3 times (or however many times needed). Next, sing the song very slowly. Repeat and gradually increase speed. You can try repeating with different speeds (very fast, very slow, mix of speeds, etc).
- Touch game
- First, make pairs. Then choose two random words (you can use the cards if you want), for example shoulder and knee. Then students must listen and touch their shoulder to their partner's knee (I introduced "hand" and "elbow" to replace "mouth" and "eyes"). Play a couple of rounds.
- Body Bingo
- Play a few rounds of bingo.
- Sing a few more rounds of "Head and Shoulders" to wrap up.